Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm Excited!

Merged!  She made it.  It's like a right of passage in the game of Survivor.  Few will ever play and even fewer will make it to the merge.  It's a whole new ballgame now and like Kim, "I'm EXCITED!"  
I loved the reward challenge...
Where Kim showed off one of the skills she used on her application video "not throwing like a girl"...
It was a rough night for Colton, but it did seem like a pretty classic case of, "what goes around comes around."  It's okay Kim I don't think you should feel to bad about the grin you couldn't hide over Colton's exit (I'm pretty sure most of America was smiling right along with you)...
I missed a little pre-game post yesterday because it was officially "bring your sister to work" day at Bella Bridesmaid Austin (photo courtesy of Peacock Photography)...
I had so much fun taking a little road trip and hanging with Kim (hopefully I helped just a little).  On the way down I read an article by Stephen Fishbach on the parallels between The Hunger Games and the Game of Survivor.  As a huge fan of both I loved all the comparisons he drew and couldn't agree more.  Here's a little excerpt...


Nobody is trying to kill you when you play Survivor. Producers aren’t launching exploding fireballs at your head. Poison-tipped tridents are strictly forbidden by the CBS legal department.

But apart from these minor differences, playing Survivor is so much like being a contestant on the Hunger Games, at times I find it hard to believe that author Suzanne Collins hasn’t been aSurvivor contestant herself. You’re stranded in an extreme environment — blistering-hot days, bitterly cold nights. The torrential rainstorms seem to never end. You forage for food. You cobble together shelter from sticks and moxie.
To survive, you must rely on the people around you — a multicultural mix from across the country. Only one thing unites them: they are hell-bent on your destruction.

To read the full article click HERE!


So if the Hunger Games is like Survivor could that mean Kim is just a little bit like Katniss?!  I'd like to think so and by pairing them on the front page of the S.A. Life Section I think it looks like the San Antonio paper agrees with me...
It's down to 12 and every week she's just a little bit closer to the title of "Soul Survivor"!  Keep on cheering!  TEAM KIM FOR THE WIN!!


P.S. Kim, I'm totally not letting you off the hook.  You've been making fun of me for 25 long years and now it's your turn...
Look who's really enjoying their ice cream now...

1 comment: