Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pinch Me

I may have mentioned a few (or fifty) times over the past few months that I've always been a big fan of Survivor.  It has been a completely surreal experience to watch Kim compete and strategize with the best of them.  Every Wednesday has become something we look forward to and get excited about (Kim and Carter matching and pumped up for Survivor)...








Last night things reached a new level of "Kimsanity" as yours truly showed up on the big screen (haha)...




One thing I can say is how completely different it is to experience a moment in "real life" vs. watching it play out on television.  There are the sights, smells and sounds to intensify your experience not to mention all the emotion that leads up to it.  I hadn't seen my sister in 30+ days and to say that she had a changed just a little would be the understatement of the year!  I had one thing on my mind and that was giving this chick a big hug...




I wasn't quite prepared for how emotional she would be...Which of course means I wasn't prepared for how emotional I would be...Which means we were a big fat crying mess (haha)...Best. Moment. Ever.














I had no idea what to expect (really).  I didn't know if I'd see her for 30 seconds or 30 minutes.  I didn't know I would be competing in a challenge with her until the moment Jeff said, "And you'll be attached to your loved one."  Ahhhhh!!  Momentary freak out!  Luckily I got just a little bit of the competitive gene Kim has been showing off nicely and we were able to give a couple of youngsters a run for their money...








I had a brief moment where I felt like I had let Kim down.  And by that I mean I wanted her to get to eat something sooooo badly!  Then Kat picked us and selfishly I was very grateful to get a little extra time to hang out with my best buddy...






I think having the opportunity to actually see with my own two eyes what life was really like for her on that island was priceless and an experience that I will never forget...





The trip in and of its self was a once in a lifetime.  I left having no clue what to expect (a few pics I took to try and keep myself from going crazy on the way to see Kim)...






It was an awesome adventure and I made a few really good friends along the way (me and my buddy 2 Dawg)...




I could never thank Kim enough for letting me be a small part of this (Dear Kim, You're totally off the hook for Christmas and Birthday gifts for the rest of our lives :).  Getting to share it with her and some of our closest friends last night was a blast...





Love you buddy...




TEAM KIM FOR THE WIN!!!

2 comments:

  1. great great show...i thought kim was losing her power until the others decided to wait until she returned to decide what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great on the episode Beth! Kat was obv. a little upset in her initial Ponderosa video at Kim but she's been a sweetheart in her post-show interviews. She's quite hilarious and says all kinds of great things about Kim. We love Kitten Swag! Hope she voted for Kim in the end . . . .

    Hope Team Kim Possible is having a great week!

    ONLY 1 MORE WEDNESDAY EPISODE LEFT AND THEN THE FINALE ON MAY 13!

    ReplyDelete